Website Development & Internet Marketing Terms (P-W)
Measurements of website performances, including the number of visitors, unique visitors, pageviews and time spent on the site. Analysis of metrics can be useful in refining strategy. For instance:
- Tracking the number of visitors to a page or landing page.
- Knowing where they went from that page.
- How long they spent on the page or website.
- Knowing what keywords brought them to the site.
- Knowing what search engines, directories or other sites referred them.
- Knowing which pages they exited your site from.